Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What a great challenge Sue!

What a great challenge Sue!
Although I would *have* loved to travel, my actual experiences outside the US have been extremely limited.
Fortunately, we've had a steady stream of people from all over the world come to stay with us.  We've had exchange students from Germany, Palestine, China, South Africa, Namibia, Japan and Scotland.
I think I'll have to borrow something from them to work on.  It certainly gives you new insight on your own culture when people who are experiencing it for the first time notice every day things that you take for granted.
I stumbled on a wonderful photo stream on Flickr.  The guy takes delight in looking at totally banal objects in a new way.  I am slowly working my way through his pictures, trying to ration them out so they last.  I'll post one below.


it's a bendy straw!

1 comment:

  1. Armchair travel is also a great way to experience new things Betty. The straw looks so much like a caterpillar in macro view.

    ReplyDelete