Wednesday, May 29, 2013

S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G creatively


Lisa Marie, I have to say this is one tough challenge for me:  In the beginning of our Viewpoints9 Challenges, "exploring sources of inspiration and creativity" sounded like such fun, who knew it would be such w-o-r-k.

"Preconceptions" Hmmm, which modality to I switch on?  I have to thank you for the task....I think...it has been an interesting one.

I don't have a fun, poignant story like our Kate's last posting.  Being a concrete, non-abstract thinker, I've been racking my brain, digging into my past for something amusing.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending) the personal instances I can think of are largely rated non-PG, filled with tales revealing that my protagonist has to learn all her lessons the hard way.  While there are many funny, awkward, revealing, embarrassing tales, there are few I'd share here. Maybe told over a glass of wine sometime.

So, no good Kate tales.  I looked passed the personal to the political.  You remember:  the preconceived idea that the guy you voted for (and 85% or so ARE guys) would represent your district and it's interests.  Instead he somehow goes for some lobbyist's idea of 'greater good'.  Usually means someone other than the voter is getting greater.  However, I had explored this theme before when I vented about our Congress as it tumbled into a do-nothing house of words.

Yes, looking at political preconceived notions lead to severe cynicism.  To quote comedian Lily Tomlin "As cynical as I get, I can't keep up."


I then turned to much more general topics.  I can tell you this:  I'm done. (!)  The piece is completed and has been photographed.  And,  it is rated v-e-r-y G.  General audiences will not be offended and my cynicism will not show.


Here is a detail shot.

V9 Challenge 8 detail
Oh, and please celebrate with me that I completed this challenge a month early....as opposed to the last one that I finished one month late.  There:  balance reclaimed.  Noteworthy for me.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Diane, I'm envious you've finished! I am finding this challenge to be extremely difficult and I'm the one who presented it! kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete